Masterclass Overcoming Diabetes Distress
Type 1 diabetes is stressful and a daily part of living with this crazy condition. Stress from diabetes impacts the individual at every level making it harder to manage blood sugar levels and let go of negative emotions.Left unchecked unprocessed emotions like frustration, anger, disappointment, overwhelm and grief can turn into diabetes distress, anxiety and even depression.
Some of the most common causes of diabetes distress are linked to:
- Daily management - like diet, exercise and insulin dosage
- Technology TMI –alarms fears of highs and lows
- Concerns about the future
- Cost of living & health insurance
- Social stigma of being a diabetic
It is important to note that stress is a normal part of T1D life; however if the individual doesn't have an outlet to de-stress and let go of unhealthy emotions then DIABETES is in CHARGE.
Nearly half of people with diabetes will experience diabetes distress at some point. This is important for you to recognize because your physical and emotional well-being is linked to the quality of your health.
In this yoga therapy masterclass for diabetes (all types) you will learn how to:
- Identify what are key sources of your diabetes distress
- Perceive clearly what might be throwing you off balance
- Assimilate and digest negative experiences
- Recognize the difference between regular diabetes stress and a deeper imbalance
- Address diabetes overwhelm and burnout with simple awareness practices
- Self-prescribe yoga therapy techniques for overwhelm and burnout
Until there is a cure, diabetes is always going to be in your life. The key to diabetes mastery is to connect with what you are feeling and experiencing so you can make conscious choices regarding your health, happiness and overall wellbeing.